The coronavirus epidemic (now, pandemic,) leaves all of us with many uncertainties. At Zeeland Family Dentistry, we are continually monitoring all reputable information sources, to keep up with the evolving information to protect the health for all of us - both patients and staff members.
At present, our office plans to remain open. Inevitably, every workplace will be affected by the Coronavirus, and we realize that the dental office will be no exception. Right now, neither the CDC, nor the ADA, nor the MDA have advised dental offices to close. However, we do think it would be wise to take the following actions:
We ask that any patient with fever, cough, or shortness of breath not come in.
- Instead, please call our office to reschedule. This request will also be posted at our front door.
- Please do not enter the office, if you have any of these symptoms and it not an emergency. Call us from home instead.
- If you have any of the above symptoms, we urge you to call your physician or call the Spectrum Health Virtual Screening Hotline (616) 391-2380
If you have an emergency and have any of these symptoms, we ask that you immediately put on a face mask and use a hand sanitizer before all else, when you enter the office. If needed, we can provide these for you. A digital temple thermometer is available to use.
If you have a routine appointment with us, as much as possible, come in alone.
- If you cannot come to the appointment alone, please limit the number of additional persons with you.
- In almost all situations, anyone accompanying the patient will not be allowed to come back to the treatment areas.
- We are trying to limit the number of people that are in the office - for everyone's sake.
We continue to follow infectious disease guidelines, as we always have. However, you might see us in action a little more. There are a few exceptional measures we are taking:
- Toys and books have been removed from the waiting room.
- Staff in non-clinical areas may be wearing personal protective equipment such as gloves or masks for their protection.
- Staff members with any symptoms are asked to stay home - even if the symptoms are not of a viral infection. We hope to set a good example as well.
As we seek to provide the best care we can provide, we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Check back regularly, as recommendations likely will continue to change.
Your Friends at Zeeland Family Dentistry